Western Digital extends its portfolio of hard drives developed exclusively for NAS systems
representatives 2.5 "fortmátu
. The unit is tested to be used to the continuous operation (24x7)
in the home or small business NAS with one to five positions (for larger systems, it is better to use NAS drives business - enterprise). The basis is to 35% increase in MTBF statistical indicators
(Mean time between failures), which indicates the mean time in hours, after which it is expected that the device will work flawlessly. WD Red is simply more resilient and robust solution than what the standard desktop hard drives, yet is not significantly more expensive - precisely because it unhesitatingly recommend for your NAS!
NASware 2.0 - the secret is in the technology
This advanced firmware
provides for seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance in RAID and NAS environments. Unique algorithms in NASware Performance tuning
, optimize consumption
electricity and saves your wallet. Lower fuel consumption also reduces the heating disk, which leads to further increase reliability and durability.
Intelligent system error correction prevents the drives from the RAID discarded due to too long recovery from errors. When unexpected power outages addition NASware ensure completion of the order prior to shutting down the drive.
As will be appreciated not only system integrators?
- Support for streaming - NASware boasts compatibility with a suite of ATA Streaming Feature Set, which is important for use in audiovisual repositories, such as Windows Media Center.
- SMART Command Transport (SCT) - NASware to track and measure performance through disk SMART command set. SMART can display data such as temperature profiles, statistics, disk access, and more ... NASware also offers temperature measurement with a maximum deviation of ± 1 ° C.
- Power Management - Allows you to optimize the energy consumption within the NAS.
- BIC Performance - Optimized Search provides BIC performance at lower power consumption and noise.
3D Active Balance Plus
Improved dual technology to ensure a balance
significantly improves overall performance and reliability of disk.
Hard drives that are not properly balanced, can in systems with multiple drives cause excessive vibration and noise, reduce the life of the drive and over time reduce performance.
Why, then select a series of WD Red?
- Specific needs of NAS - Desktop hard drives are designed for use in desktop PCs and when used in a RAID NAS systems, offer nearly optimal performance or protection for your sensitive data.
- Compatibility - For hard drives for desktop computer can be a problem of integration into the NAS system.
- Reliability - Desktop hard drives are not capable of long-term work at high temperatures or in continuous operation.
- The error recovery - Desktop hard drives are designed for use in RAID environments and include drivers that prevent the RAID driver to intervene when errors leading to failure of the RAID array. Follow RAID array reconstruction costs the user time and unnecessary effort.
- Noise and vibration - Drives desktops are optimized to minimize noise and vibration. In addition to reducing the user's comfort and their installation in NAS systems run the risk of reduced reliability and durability.
For proper functionality under Windows XP and older OS is recommended to download WD Align utility. Specifications: Base:
Interface: Serial ATA 6 Gb/s
Number of sectors: 1953525168 Performance:
The baud rate from the buffer to the host: 6 Gb/s (max.)
Transmission speed host <-> disk 144 MB/s (typical)
Fan Speed: IntelliPower Reliability and data integrity:
Non-renewable read errors (bits per reading): <1 out of 10 14
Number of cycles load/release: 600000
MTBF: 1,000,000 hours Environment:
Operating Temperature (operating): 0-60 ° C
Operating temperature (idle): -40-65 ° C
Acoustics Idle: 24 dBA
Noise when search: 25 dBa Resistance:
In operation (2 ms, read/write): 400 G
In idle mode (2 ms): 1000 G