How to choose the right suitcase
- Cloth suitcases (usually made of nylon and polyester) - very lightweight, but since they are soft, they do not provide much protection for the personal belongings inside.
- Hardshell suitcases (plastic) - tough and sturdy compared to softshell suitcases and provide better protection. On the other hand, they tend to be quite heavy.
- Cabin luggage - up to 55 cm long and up to 50 litres in volume. Suitable for short trips or as an add-on to a normal large suitcase. Most airlines allow you to take them with you on board. Cabin luggage is also divided into two types — softshell and hardshell.
Before buying a cabin bag, check the airline websites to see the maxim luggage weight and dimensions you can take on board. Each airline has its own hand luggage restrictions.
- Cross straps - secure clothes and other belongings in the suitcase.
- Internal compartment - compartment is usually separated by a mesh or cloth and is located on the inside of the lid. Suitable for storing clothing, electronics, or make-up and similar beauty products.
Handling a suitcase is considerably easier if it is equipped with a telescopic (extendable) handle and wheels. Generally speaking, the larger the wheels, the easier the handling.
- Two wheels let you pull the suitcase along; if you place it on the ground, you can be sure it will stay there.
- Four wheels provide better control in all directions and pulling the suitcase is easier. The downside is that the suitcase can roll away if you place it on a sloping surface.
If you travel by plane frequently, we recommend purchasing a suitcase with a TSA lock. This lock type allows the airport security personnel to open the suitcase with a master key, if they happen to select your luggage for random search. This ensures the lock does not get damaged (the security personnel are allowed to simply break the lock if they fail to open it by normal means).
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating