Which SUP board to choose?
Beginners and recreational paddleboarders usually choose inflatable, larger, more stable boards, which can take up to two paddleboarders. Suitable paddles are 160-220cm aluminium or laminate ones. The paddle should be 20 cm higher than the paddleboarder.
- For women: size 10’ 6"+, width 80+ cm, rounded, thickness 10+ cm, displacement 240+ l
- For men: size 10’ 8"+, width 85+ cm, rounded, thickness 10+ cm, displacement 280+ l
- For kids: size 9’ 8"+, width 75+ cm, rounded, thickness 10+ cm, displacement 190+ l
What is important when choosing a paddleboard?
- Length: the longer, the faster / the shorter, the more adept; fast, long board from 11'
- Width: the wider, the more stable; wider, more stable board from approx. 80 cm
- Thickness: the thicker the board, the bigger the maximum load; thickness for 100kg maximum load: approx. 12 cm
- Front part shape: the more pointed the front part, the easier it is to maintain the right direction
- Back part shape: the more oval the back part, the more stable the board / the more bevelled the back part, the more adept the board
- Displacement: the bigger the displacement, the more stable the board, stable board from 230 l
- Number of fins: the more fins the board has, the better the stability and control (usually 1 to 4 fins)
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating