- Used for bench press exercises aimed at strengthening upper body muscles.
- Some benches have racks on one end for holding a barbell, in others it can be purchased separately. You can also exercise with dumbbells.
- As its name suggests, this bench type is designed for abdominal exercises. Most commonly used for sit-ups.
Hyper extension bench
- This bench is used for working the back muscles under your own weight.
- Can also be used to strengthen the abdominals, buttocks, and thighs.
- Multi-function benches that combine several types. They are fairly expensive and take up a lot of space, but enable comprehensive exercise.
- This type is highly adjustable, usually includes a barbell rack for bench press exercises, and may include a leg developer for leg curl/leg extension exercises and weight racks to strengthen upper body muscles. Can also be used with dumbbells.
- Suitable for users who have enough room and want to build a small home gym. Towers enable whole-body exercise.
Design and weight capacity
- When choosing the weight capacity, don’t forget to add the weight of dumbbells and barbells. Ideally, the weight capacity should be 20 to 30 kg more than you weight.
The fitness bench should be as adaptable as possible - especially when it comes to positioning the seat and backrest. Each user can then set it just right to match his or her size, ensuring that the exercise will be comfortable and won’t put undue strain on tendons and joints.
If you plan to purchase weight plates, make sure the central hole on the plates matches the barbell diameter.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating