What to look for when choosing an office monitor
How often will you use the monitor?
- For occasional usage, a monitor with a diagonal of at least 19" will suffice.
- For regular use, we recommend a monitor with a diagonal of at least 22". For convenience, select a model with adjustable height and technologies to minimize eye fatigue (Flicker-free, Flicker-safe, etc.).
If you are buying two monitors for one computer, we recommend selecting the same models to avoid differences in colour reproduction.
The larger the monitor you choose, the higher the resolution should be. With higher resolution, you get a more detailed picture and a larger workspace.
|Screen Size (1" = 2.54 cm)||20"||21-32"||33" and larger|
|Resolution to ensure adequate image quality||XGA (1024 x 768 pixels) or higher||Full HD (1920 × 1080 pixels) or higher||Full HD, or rather 4K (3840 × 2160 pixels) or higher|
- IPS / S-IPS monitors - excel in natural colours, low power consumption and wide viewing angles. The disadvantage is a Higher purchase price.
- TN monitors - Often characterised by a low response times. Compared with IPS monitors They are cheaper, offer lower-quality color reproduction and narrower viewing angles. While cheaper TN monitors are the sufficient for less Demanding users, models with 4 ms response times are popular with gamers.
- MVA / PVA monitors - in terms of price and picture quality, These Are Somewhere Between IPS / S-IPS and TN monitors. They Provide more realistic color reproduction and viewing angles Wider Than TN monitors and are cheaper Than IPS monitors.
- Matte - reflects light from the Surroundings; Provides less-saturated color reproduction.
- Glossy - Provides vibrant and realistic colors; conversely, more light is Reflected light from the surroundings, so the display can be Difficult to view in bright sunlight.
- Anti-glare (glossy display with Antiglare) - a compromise Between glossy and matte screens; They are easier to view in direct sunlight Than glossy screens but Also offer lower quality color reproduction.
Before buying, make sure the monitor has at the least one same port as your computer. If not, You Will Not Be Able to connect the monitor to it.
Useful functions and features
- Technology That minimises eyestrain - Flicker-free, Flicker-safe, etc.
- Adjustable height - Allows you to adjust the monitor to a comfortable position.
- TV tuner - to watch television broadcasts.
- VESA mount - Allows your to mount the monitor on a bracket.
- Web camera - Useful if you plan to make calls over the Internet.
- USB Hub - play data from portable drives; connect a keyboard or mouse.
- Pivot - Allows the screen to rotate horizantally; Suitable for office work and reading texts from your computer.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating