Handsfree units are devices that allow you to make and attend calls without even touching your mobile phone. This is very useful if you need to be available at all times or if you are occupied by another activity such as driving. When choosing the right handsfree device, take into consideration a few key parameters.
In view of the situations when you will use your handsfree unit, the product range can be divided into two basic categories:
- Driving - we recommend a classic handsfree car kit which can be mounted behind the visor, into the air vent or on the dashboard. While driving, the device will not block your view nor affect your ability to hear the traffic.
- Everyday use - if you know that you will need to use your handsfree unit also outside your car, we recommend an earpiece version. The biggest advantage is that you can have it on you at all times. Some devices will even let you listen to music from your phone.
If you opt for an earpiece, it is important to consider whether you need to communicate when working with other people or hear background noise (e.g. when driving).
- If yes, a single ear headset will be the best for you. Its greatest advantage is its versatility and compactness that does not limit your range of motion.
- If not, consider getting a stereo headpiece. The sound quality is usually superior to all other types and you will also get the possibility to listen to music from your phone.
Finally, an important aspect of selecting the right unit is how it connects to your phone:
- Wireless - most common, connects via Bluetooth, no restrictive and burdensome cables, worse sound quality due to wireless transmission.
- Wired - connection via a 3.5 mm jack, higher sound quality, perfect if you also want to listen to music.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating