Hedge trimmers are used for all the trimming and hedge shaping of ornamental trees and hedges along the boundary line. They help decorate the garden around the house and save a lot of time. They differ in the type of drive, but also the length of the blades and teeth spacing.Continue
What to look for when choosing a hedge trimmer?
- Electric - the most widely used type, they have a good price performance ratio. The low weight make it suitable for women and seniors as well. They serve large and small gardens, but their performance is built more on softer woods and thinner branches. The most popular are models ranging from 450 to 700 W.
- Gasoline - the highest performance, it can easily manage strong and thick branches. Suitable for maintenance of large hedges and in places where electricity does not reach.
- Cordless - absolute freedom without the hindrance of an electrical cable. The battery fully charged lasts in normal operation 20 to 75 minutes.
- Manual - the simplest and cheapest type with a long-life, but requires your physical strength. Suitable adjustment to small areas of a length of several metres. Their disadvantage is low accuracy on a flat surface and low speed work.
electrical petrol Cordless Manual
- 400 W - can cope with young hedges.
- Above 400 W - suitable for more woody hedges.
The length of rails
When dealing with stronger hedges, there is a need for a greater cutting length.
- 12-20 cm - enough for the smallest ornamental trees.
- 20-40 cm - suitable for medium-sized ornamental trees.
- 40-70 cm - hedges, decorative Thuja and more ornamental trees.
Spacing of the teeth should depend on the size of the twigs and the density of the hedge. It should be equal to or greater than the strength of the twigs, otherwise they will have a tendancy to just nibble and the trimmers will have a tendency to jam.
- 15 cm - trimmers with shorter strips.
- 16-34 cm - powerful hedge trimmers with long leaves.
- Telescopic shears - master the machined upper portion of high hedges.
- Swivel grip - allowing for better maneuverability.
- Safety brake - if necessary, shuts off the trimmers.
- Flexible handle - rubberised handles make the trimmers better and more comfortable to hold.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating