Compared to petrol trimmers, electric lawnmowers tend to be lighter, less noisy, and virtually maintenance-free. The downside is that they are weaker and the power cord can get in your way. Electric trimmers are better suited for smaller lawns up to 750-1000 m².Continue
What to focus on when choosing an electric lawnmower
Listed in watts (W) and it determines the overall performance of the lawnmower. Normally ranges between 1000 and 1800 W. A mower with a higher wattage can handle larger areas and rougher terrain.
- 1000-1400 W - ideal for mowing smaller, flat lawns.
- 1500-1800 W - suitable for thicker and more overgrown lawns.
If you want to mow tall and thick grass, we recommend a petrol lawnmower or string trimmer.
Height adjustment range
Usually 20-70 mm. A larger height setting range allows you to better adjust the lawnmower for different mowing conditions. A maintained lawn, for example, can be mowed on the lowest mowing height. If you have neglected to mow it for several weeks, however, then you may want to give it a rough, higher cut first and then mow it again at a lower mowing height.
Ranges between 320 and 480 mm. A wider lawnmower is better suited for mowing lawns that don’t have any obstacles you would have to avoid obstacles (trees, shrubs etc.). A narrower mower is better for mowing difficult to reach places, such as between tree trunks.
Weight and grass catcher capacity
- Weight (12-30 kg) - lighter mowers tend to be less powerful, but are easier to handle.
- Grass catcher capacity (25-65 l) - a larger capacity means you don’t have to empty it as often. They can be rather heavy when full, however.
Useful electric lawnmower properties
- Central height adjustment - a single lever is used to adjust the height of all wheels at once.
- Height-adjustable handles - can be set for both taller and shorter people.
- Ride-on mowers - these have their own propulsion system, so you don’t have to walk behind them and push. Some models even allow you to adjust the speed.
- Mulching function - the mulching blade clips grass into small pieces, which can serve as fertiliser.
- Edge cutting - a structural solution where the rotating blade is almost as wide as the mower itself. This means it can mow grass very close to a wall, fence, or curb.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating