Cordless grinders are suitable for both home and professional use. There biggest advantage is that they are battery operated, meaning you can use them anywhere as long as they are charged. When choosing a cordless grinder, important parameters include the weight, number of oscillations per minute, battery type, and other special features.Continue
Weight - the lower the weight, the easier the operation
Number of oscillations / speed
A larger number of oscillations / higher speed allows you to work with a greater variety of materials. It also affects the cutting efficiency and surface smoothness.
- Oscillations - for orbital sanders, this indicates the number of oscillations per minute.
- Speed ??- for belt sanders
- Capacity - the higher the value in mAh / Ah, the longer the battery will last
- Voltage - higher voltage means more battery power
- Battery type:
- Li-Ion - the most widely used battery type, Li-Ion battters are lightweight, high-capacity, and don't suffer from memory effect. Often found in more expensive models.
- NiCd - have excellent current-carrying capacity and are mainly used in powerful cordless screwdrivers. They do suffer from memory effect.
- NiMH - a compromise between Li-Ion and NiCd. Compared with NiCd, they suffer less memory effect but have a lower capacity, whereas they are cheaper than Li-Ion batteries.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating