Over-ear headphones are best suited for computers or laptops. They are more comfortable during long listening sessions and compared with similarly priced in-ear headphones, they offer better sound quality. Some models also come equipped with a microphone.Continue
Before you buy PC headphones, first consider what you will use them for
Headphones for home listening
Headphones for home listening are comfortable to wear but don't have a microphone.
Gaming headphones often focus on deeper bass reproduction. They are comfortable and come equipped with a microphone.
Headphones for office work or Internet calling
Office headphones are smaller and lighter. They are equipped with a microphone, making them ideal for call center operators and for chatting online.
Important factors to consider when selection headphones
- Over-ear headphones - they are comfortable during extended listening sessions and feature good sound quality. Due to their higher weight and larger dimensions, they are less portable. More suitable for home use.
- On-ear headphones - are usually lighter and smaller. Compared with similarly priced over-ear headphones, they are less comfortable to wear during long listening sessions. Suitable for use at home or on the road.
- Wired headsets (3.5mm Jack, USB) - compared with similarly priced wireless headphones, they offer superior sound reproduction. While listening, your freedom of movement is limited by cable length.
- Wireless headsets (Bluetooth, radio frequency) - with no wires, they provide greater freedom of movement (Bluetooth headsets have a range of approx 10 metres from the playback device, radio frequency up to 100 metres). Wireless headphones have built-in batteries and must be recharged.
- Closed - dampen ambient noise.
- Open - provide high sound quality (less distortion) but with some ambient noise.
- Semi-closed - a compromise between open and closed headphones.
Useful functions and features
- Volume control - located on the headphones or cable.
- Folding design - for easy transportation.
- Rotating ear cups - comfortably listen to music in one ear (especially useful for DJs).
- 7.1 surround sound - allow you to hear where a particular sound is coming from (especially useful for gamers).
- APTX and AAC - codecs for Bluetooth headphones guaranteeing higher quality sound.
- NFC - technology used in connection with Bluetooth headsets, which accelerates and facilitates their connection with the playback device.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating