In addition to standard 2D images, some projectors can project images in 3D. Characters and objects in these images stand out as if they were actually in front of you, providing a much more immersive viewing experience. For this to work, you must be wearing 3D glasses and the movie or game must also be in 3D format, unless the projector being used can convert images from 2D to 3D.Continue
What should I consider when choosing a 3D projector?
Throw distance, diagonal, and image resolution
Before buying a film projector, first determine how far from the screen or wall it will be placed. If the projector isn't placed within its optimum projection distance, it won't provide a sufficiently sharp image. Generally, the further you place the projector from the screen or wall, the larger the size of the projected image.
|Projection distance||Diagonal||Suitable native resolution|
|2 m||1 to 1.6 m||HD or higher|
|3 m||1.6 to 2.4 m||HD or higher|
|4 m||2 to 3.2 m||Full HD or higher|
|5 m||2.5 to 4 m||Full HD or higher|
Read about the difference between the native and maximum resolution of a projector .
- Up to 2000 lumens - suitable for darkened rooms with minimal lighting.
- 2000-3000 lumens - recommend for less well-lit rooms.
- Over 3,000 lumens - provides a highly visible projection, even in daylight.
- DLP projectors - have excellent contrast and shadow detail. Compared with LCD projectors, they require less maintenance (no need to clean the dust). The disadvantage is that fast moving objects may cause a rainbow effect on the canvas.
- With halogen lamp - compared with LED projectors, they are often larger in size with higher luminance and power consumption.
- With LEDs - generally smaller in size; they offer low power consumption, but also lower luminosity.
- LCD projectors - outstanding colour reproduction. Compared with DLP projectors, they are more prone to rainbow effect but are quieter. They are also slightly more difficult to maintain (some models have a dust filter, which must be cleaned from time to time).
Before buying, make sure the projector has at least one same port as the device to which you plan to connect it. If not, you won't be able to connect to the projector.
Useful functions and features
- Remote control - allows convenient operation and setup of the projector.
- Built-in speakers - ideal for those planning to show films and videos.
- Wi-Fi - project slideshows, movies and videos wirelessly from your computer.
- Zoom - resize the image without moving the projector.
- PiP (Picture in Picture) - allows you to project two different presentations or videos simultaneously.
- USB port - project films, videos or presentations without your PC via an external memory drive.
Was this information useful?
This form is for collecting Feedback Only. If you have any other inquiries, please our Customer Care team here.
Is something missing or displayed incorrectly? Let us know your suggestions so we can improve the website and customer experience.
Thank you for rating